Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Lili- Assignment _Treatment

'Love at First Brush'

The 'simple task' I want to film is 'the brushing of the teeth.' I am obsessed with dental hygiene, and I actually find this task quite relaxing. I want to take it further and basically make it into something sensual, a wild- love story happening between the toothbrush and the mouth. I am going to start with the P.O.V. of the toothbrush, how a hand reaches out for it. Then the P.O.V. of the toothpaste. The next shot would be a CU taken from the mirror of the person brushing his teeth. The idea is just to keep tight shots, so the viewer never sees the person's full face, just the mouth. Then a wild game begins between the teeth, the tongue, the toothbrush, the toothpaste mixed with the saliva. I am going to make fast cuts in between, CU, ECU and Dutch angles, so the viewers see the 'fantastic' consistency and quality of the toothpaste and listen to that relaxing sound of the brushing of the teeth. Then at the end, it's all going to be a P.O.V. of the person brushing his teeth, a High- Angle shot and a OSS of the cleansing of the toothbrush and then at the back to a P.O.V. of the toothbrush as it 'sees' the person leaving the bathroom, and a closing Medium Shot of the bathroom's sink and the toothbrush just there, lonely again. Then, I want to show the passage of time with a simple title : 'After One Month'. OSS , guy at the supermarket picking up a new toothbrush, ECU of this new toothbrush inside its package. Cut to bathroom again, P.O.V. hand grabbing the old toothbrush, P.O.V. toothbrush "falling" into the garbage, CU-toothbrush inside the garbage can. CU hand opening new toothbrush, P.O.V. of this new toothbrush " looking" at the guy's mouth.  (FYI- It's important to change your toothbrush every month. ) The soundtrack will be something romantic and wild at the same time, mixed with the sound of the brushing...

3 comments:

  1. As you know, I am really good at being filmed while brushing my teeth...so let me know if you need a movie star. Hahaha kidding, one project of extreme CUs of me brushing my teeth is enough for a lifetime. This sounds hilarious though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, I might just do that! I know you LOVE extreme close-ups anyway!! you walking, you brushing your teeth, putting on make-up, lol...that was a fun project!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to your sensual piece!

    You don't need to include shots (CU, ECU, etc) in your treatment (so it could be shorter) -- just the description of the action.

    ReplyDelete