Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Artist Statement, rexon


Most of the time, I am known as man of few words. I keep my thoughts and emotions to myself. Whenever I feel like vomiting my thoughts or emotions I use photo manipulation as a medium. For the last five years I’ve created several self-portraits using this medium. These self portraits convey different messages, sometimes it is just about my thoughts and sometimes my thoughts or feelings about others. Whenever I express my feelings about others I use Steganography technique. I am not sure if the recipient always gets the message but at least I feel relieved. I feel relieved as it helps to cool down the magma inside me before it turns into lava.

The “self portrait: a process” is a piece that I did for the video project. The end result of this video project is a self portrait title “Anubhav” which means “to realize”. This piece is also a part of an album named “iceberg”. My ultimate goal, once I have enough pieces, is to create a self portrait collage using all pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment