Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Artist Statement_Ke





All my works on this class are about some motorcycle riders. Why motorcycle riders? Because they are cool. I like putting different cool elements together and make some artworks could impress people.

There is a kind of movie that influenced me much. They don’t pay much attention on plot or story, all they want to do is to show how cool the protagonist is. Hollywood is making these kind of movie a lot, like Transporter series, Equilibrium, Mission Impossible series, fast and furious series… and people like them. One of my favorite director is John Woo Yu-Sen, a Asian director who is famous by his violence aesthetics (a beautiful way to present violence). He has made a lot of cool movies before he came to Hollywood, most of them are about killers, criminal gang, thieves… and he can always make them super cool. The idea of speed change of my video project is from John Woo Yu-Sen, he have used this camera language a lot.

A lot of games give me the same feeling with those “cool movies”. The difference is you can control your character and create your own legend, more intense expirence. “Hitman: codename 47” is the direct inspiration of my composed image work and Image sequence work. I strongly feel that I should make some cool stuff like the movies and games that influenced me.

No comments:

Post a Comment