Monday, June 22, 2009

Artist Statement





For no reason I love graphic design, generally, drawing. That's one of the reasons why I chose this major(an other one is that ...I hate writing ). Although I love drawing but I never had a chance to do so until I came to the U.S. I started to draw since I started to take classes in Digital Media. Personally prefer watercolor and Chinese style ink paint. I can remember what we have seen in the first class of Time Based Media. Honestly I don't like those paints or I don't like academic style. In my opinion art should present a floating feeling. Art is water-like. Art is not homework not work, art should be what ever you want to put on a canvas, a paper, a wall. I never want to use this degree to get a job. One reason I came for this degree is that, I had a dream to make myself a cartoon movie.
In the past few months I had a lot of works. About one months ago I started to draw with Photoshop. Although I had heard it a lot in the past, but I never tried. After a month I have to say it is an amazing software ever, the happiness it brings to me just like the first time when I touch the keyboard of a old PC. Technology is pushing art into a hole new level.
Well, as you can see my writing is just like this...I will keep on drawing, just for interest.

A few things I am working on these days, paint & cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment