Monday, June 22, 2009

My final project


Here is a link to looking on Jimmy Liao book.


Here is a link to my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAhdC2NYjGY
I have been interested in any kinds of art since I was really young, drawing, painting, music, even stagecraft but I could do it only for my hobbies. And I had to stay away from them because of my hard studied. Then, I came to US and had a chance to take a 3D dimension class. I had done many art works such as molding, panting and sculpture. From that time I have been started working about arts again.
And I had a chance to make my best piece in the time base media class it is an artist book I called it as “Water is life” I had inspirations from the McMullen Museum of Art at Boston College and also, water in many different kinds of the bottle shape. I was comparing my life as water because it is transformative. Sometimes it is liquid, sometimes it is solid. It can flow variously depending on how the thing around it affects it like our life that affect to environments or situations.
So, I started finding a cute bottle and filled it with some syrup that has red color. Then I boil the candles and mixed it with red water color. I put some plastic wrap in the bottle to make it as an ice and filled the candles in. Then I wait until it solid. After that I wrote some quote in there (I compare my life as water because it is transformative. Sometimes it is liquid, sometimes it is solid. It can flow variously depending on how the thing around it affects it) also five things to make our life be happy and I took images while the water was transforming. And put it in side the bottle with the quotes.
When I look at my art works I feel that I normally make them from something around my life or something that I like. So, I feel like all of my art works are my self portrait. In the future I am thinking about making other kinds of art which is on the internet such as creating websites or some drama on TV. I will never stop working on art because it is in my blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment