Thursday, April 30, 2009

3:15 Pm - Section 2 Assignment 2: Mcmullen



So I was finally able to make it to the Meuseum. There was a fair amount of great works on display but I came out liking this one in particular. From afar it does look like a pair of bird wings on display but a closer look reveals it to be a book that is shaped like a wing. The pages are filled with pictures and quotes. The contents seem more of a filler than an actual piece of the art I feel. Although it seems most of the exhibits challenge the physical aesthetics of the book rather than the whole book itself. There is one other particular exhibit that does take a greater step and definitely changes the book format.
The picture on the right resembles a fruit basket (oddly with lettuce shaped pages) yet it is hodgepodge of information. Once again the artist is not concerned about the arrangement of information within but the layout itself represents more chaotic sense. By that I have hard time figuring out from what end should I start reading .

This is perhaps insignificant but I would have liked to put up a picture of the Greenline train from Copley Square. It is said that artist must suffer inorder to realise art, this single mode of public transportation is truly that. The suffering journey on this train to the meuseum to see great art.

1 comment:

  1. ya...took photos...I was not dare to do that.lol I really love some of books there..

    ReplyDelete