Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lili_Assignment # 2- Interactive book


For this assignment I decided to create an interactive book. I wanted to keep the theme of my first assignment (the soul) and take it further using the same object (ice). I took about 30 pictures of ice, in different ways and on several surfaces and then found myself editing the colors of these and mainly adding red, yellow and blue hues. I wanted to show with the ice the places where the soul can end up in the afterlife (according to some religions and old literature values) : heaven, purgatory or hell. I then realized that Dante's "Divine Comedy" shows these three worlds with brilliant detail. I then decided to play around with my pictures, and represent Dante's poems with composed images and words (descriptions of these worlds according to Dante's masterpiece).

I tried to upload the quicktime file directly on here, but it's a big file and the system didn't allow me to do so. Please, if you are interested on reading my interactive book called "Divine Soul", download the file. 

It should open as a Quicktime, full screen, and you have to click on your mouse to flip each page of the book. You can use your keyboard arrows as well, and this way you can flip each page back and forth as you may like.

Click HERE  for download page

1 comment:

  1. The page texture, font, your pic and page turning animation is cool, and it's interactive! which software did you use?

    ReplyDelete