Monday, April 27, 2009

Museum

So I went to see the exhibit of artist's books at the museum and was pretty impressed. I must say though, that I am still some what fuzzy on what actually constitutes a "book" since some of them did not seem like books at all. It seems like you can pretty much call anything an artist book. Some of my favorites included "The Legacy of Scherazade" by Donatella Franchi. I really liked the story behind this one and she had made shoes out of paper and wrote on them. "After Water Aerobics" by Lois Morrison was one of my favorites. It was in a case but it looked like you could turn a nob and have the people and words rotate around. I thought it was cute. "Green Salad" by Katherine Glover made me laugh because it really did look like green salad. The one I was very impressed with was "Unfinished Symphony" by Elena Presser. The detail in the piece was amazing and I stared at it for a long time. I really liked how in the middle you could see through it to another layer behind it. It was very cool. Alright, that's it! All in all I liked the exhibit. I also liked that the man at the front said I could leave my iced tea with him instead of having to throw it out since I had just gotten it. :)

1 comment: