Monday, April 27, 2009

Just got back from the artistbook exhibit. I really enjoyed it.I thought it was so exciting the range of books exhibited. Some so intimate you wanted to hold them and others so huge.I wasn't able to pick a favorite.But these are a few of my favorites Tosemarie Chiculone's book bed.I wanted to open those sheets and seewhat was hidden.Kumi Kor's silk I found very beautiful.Allison Cook Tea times that spoke to the importance of ritual and memory.,Tantana Kellinger 's powerful, moving book with the numbered arm from the holocost. I gues the brath of feelins from whimsical to horrific were all there

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to take apart the bed too! I did really like that one and wished we could see more of what was inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree -- a great range of work and some that really push the notion of a what makes a book.

    ReplyDelete