Tuesday, April 28, 2009

McMullen

I went to the McMullen Museum today. I was so impressed and really enjoyed it. My Most favorite artist’s book is the “Teatime”. The artist makes her diary from teabags.
I think most of the artists make their books from something that came to their life or want to keep some special memories by writing them in the book such as “Teatime”, “Eight Slices of Pie” and “Volo-Volume”. Also the artists use the book to keep some poem or some ideas from people that they are impressed (“Dinner with Mr. Dewey” or “To Malherbe”. I like the idea that they make the book from many materials such as teabags, onyx, paper, leather, and other things. At last I really like their ideas and how they created their work. So, I would like to create my own art book and show you the ideas that I have got for my work from visiting the museum.

1 comment:

  1. Yes -- the use of materials in creative ways is one of my favorite things about artist's books.

    ReplyDelete