Monday, April 13, 2009



Assignment: Composed photograph on the subject of transformation.

Here is a shot I took of plants springing up in a pet cemetery. I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with the branches around the angel statue. I worry they make the image a bit too right-heavy but I also like how they feel like bars against the viewer and a frame to the statue. My other shots weren't as strong as this one, though, the statue was always looking off somewhere. Oh well.

ALSO: I can upload images and post new posts but I can't seem to reply to posts. Logical, right? I AM IN, GUYS, I AM.

1 comment:

  1. The vertical lines on the right side are quite interesting. I'd be more concerned with the of "bulls-eye" role the large rock in the center of the image currently holds. It is really hard not to stare at it and ignore everything else in your composition.

    Perhaps a lower POV would help negate the dominance of the stone?

    ReplyDelete